Turnagain Arm and Portage Valley
Turnagain Arm and Portage Valley private tour from Anchorage Departs Daily from $695 for up to 13 guests
- Take in the sights of the dramatic shoreline as we go down the Turnagain Arm. Learn all about the naturally occurring phenomenon that is the boretide, along with local history, geology, and ecology of the area. Be sure to keep your eyes open, this is a wonderful place to spot Alaska’s wildlife such as moose, dall sheep, eagles, beluga whales, and more.
- Departs daily from mid April- Oct 31st 8am – full day tour approx 9 hours.
- This is a private fully custom tour.
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Outstanding opportunities to view and photograph wildlife and scenic vistas
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view and photograph Alaska’s iconic Native animals
- Enjoy an optional one-hour cruise across the stunning scenery of iceberg-dotted Portage Lake
- Enjoy a narrated Anchorage city tour, including all the best dining places
- Seward Highway, Portage & the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- From Anchorage, we travel along the scenic Seward Highway, one of only 13 highways in the US with the distinction of All American Road. Our first stop will be at the beautiful Hotel Alyeska and the ski town of Girdwood. Take an optional scenic tram to the top of Mt Alyeska for lunch with a view.
- Next stop, Portage. Grab some photos of the beautiful valley carved by glaciers and straddled by mountain peaks alongside the iceberg-dotted Portage Lake. Step inside of the Begich Boggs Visitor Center to view exhibits and learn more about the Chugach National Forest. From the visitor center, take an optional cruise aboard the mv Ptarmigan to get up close to the glacier and watch the ice calve, crashing into the water below.
- After the cruise, make an optional stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving Alaska’ s wildlife. The AWCC takes in injured and orphaned animals year-round, providing spacious enclosures and quality animal care. Here you can view and photograph up close Alaska’s iconic animals that are unable to be released into the wild. Afterward, head back to Anchorage and enjoy a narrated city tour including all the best dining places.
- Services of a professional local Alaskan Tour Guide
- Round-trip transportation from your location in Anchorage
- Private transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Snacks and bottled water
- Alyeska Scenic Tram
The Alyeska Scenic Tram takes you 2,300 ft in elevation to the top of Mt. Alyeska. Receive $20 worth of food vouchers at the Bore Tide Deli for only $10!
- Adults $32
Seniors (60-69), Military, & Students (13-18) $22
Seniors (70+) & Children (6-12) $15
Add Lunch to Alyeska Scenic Tram: $10 per person ($20 value)
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
View and photograph Alaska’s iconic animals up close at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Set on over 200 beautiful acres, the center offers world-class care for orphaned and rescued animals in their natural habitat.
- Adults $15
Seniors (65+) & Military $12
Children (7-17) $10
- Portage Lake Glacier Cruise
Cruising across Portage Lake on the mv Ptarmigan, you’ll stand just 300 yards from Portage Glacier.
- Adults $39.00
- Glacier Dog Sled Tour via Helicopter
Go dog sledding on real snow via a scenic helicopter ride! Round trip transportation from Anchorage available.:
- Adults (13+) $529.00
Children (12 and under) $499.00
- Tour Guide Gratuities