11 Day Alaska Interior Tour
- Join us in the last frontier – hiking, camping and adventuring our way through Central Alaska. This 11 day tour encompasses everything from incredible vistas, exciting activities, stunning drives and kayak excursions – highlighting the beauty of the Land of the Midnight Sun.
- Departs Anchorage at 8am Mondays June- July
- All participants must be 16+ years of age
- Live commentary is provided in English
- Small group tour – max of 12 guests per tour
- Incredible wildlife viewing opportunities
- Glacier Kayak Excursion in Valdez – full day
- Day 1 Anchorage Alaska, Talkeetna and Denali National Park
- Welcome to ALASKA- You made it the last frontier!
- Today we set out to discover the wilderness of Alaska with a stop at the picturesque town of Talkeetna before reaching the Alaska Range, a large mountain range that stretches across Alaska for our night stop.
- Catch a glimpse of Denali en route. Denali is known as the crown jewel and highest mountain in North America reaching almost 6200 meters, 20,310 feet, visible from afar, weather permitting.
- Camp for 3 nights close to Denali NP.
- Day 2 Denali National Park
- Denali is Alaska’s showpiece. Today – we will discover the impressive nature of Denali by bus. This exclusive bus ride is offered by the national park, offering incredible wildlife viewing opportunities. During this included day trip deep into the park, enjoy photo stops and short walks amidst the rugged and untouched nature of Denali before heading back to camp to relax this evening around the campfire.
- Day 3 Denali National Park and surrounding areas
- Today you have the option of some free time with activities or hiking! Your guide will help you plan today. There is a great deal of wildlife, such as black bears, brown bears, beavers, bald eagles, foxes and a variety of song birds.
- The surrounding area is ideal for hiking around Denali National Park With a bit of luck, you’ll see grizzlies, the natural symbol of the subarctic, and for many a highlight of the trip.
- Day 4 Maclaren River Lodge
- Today we drive the famous Denali Highway to the Maclaren River Lodge. Surrounded by alpine landscape, this wilderness resort is truly off the beaten track and offers a fabulous taste of Alaskan hospitality.
- This evening, we enjoy our evening overlooking the beautiful Maclaren River – soaking in the pristine sites of the Alaska Range. An included dinner at the lodge is provided with warm Alaskan charm.
1 night – lodge 3 person bunk rooms.
- Day 5 Valdez
- Today we continue our adventure across the Denali Highway and head south through the Thompson Pass – admiring the waterfalls that make this region so beautiful. It is also the “ice climbing” capital of Alaska – a true adventurer’s paradise.
- Enjoy a mid-afternoon hike to the Worthington Glacier, before arriving in Valdez. Set up camp, explore this cute Alaska port side town, and settle in for the evening for a camp dinner and campfire.
2 nights – camping
- Day 6 Valdez and Shoup Glacier kayak excursion
- This included kayaking tour offers an intimate experience at one of Alaska’s beautiful marine state parks. Climb aboard a motorboat for a water taxi ride to Shoup Bay, where we will begin this scenic journey. Over the course of the day we will paddle up a fjord that has been revealed by a retreating glacier, past a nesting colony of black-legged kittiwakes, along a lush, waterfall-laden coastline, and up towards the face of the glacier. Enjoy a short walk on the beach and a lunch spot with a marvelous glacier view. At the end of the paddle, we will be picked up by the motorboat for the ride back to Valdez. This evening, enjoy a meal out – self pay at a local Valdez favorite!
- Day 7 Wrangell St. Elias National Park
- We depart Valdez early this morning, for the “infamous” McCarthy Highway drive – which takes us through stunning Alaska landscapes Wrangell St. Elias National Park – The United States largest National Park and Preserve.
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is known for its glaciers and mining history. Camp inside the park for 3 nights opposite the small access village of McCarthy.
This evening we enjoy the quaint town of town of McCarthy for dinner – self paid.
Camp for 3 nights along the Kennicott River.
*Please note that this campsite is a backcountry camp amidst stunning scenery with limited facilities.
- Day 8 Wrangell St. Elias National Park
- Today we enjoy some hiking/activities in the Wrangell Range!
- From McCarthy, take an optional visit to the old copper mining town of Kennicott or walk along the Kennicott and Root glaciers. For a more challenging walk, opt for a visit to the Bonanza Mine.
- Day 9 Wrangell St. Elias National Park
- Take a flight today with beautiful views of the glaciers, or if you prefer to keep two feet on the ground, sign up for some ice climbing. Activities paid/booked with your guide.
- Day 10 Majestic Valley Wilderness Lodge Glenn Highway
- Today we drive the beautiful Glenn Highway towards Glacier View for our night stop. The Majestic Valley Wilderness Lodge offers fantastic views of the surrounding mountains in the Alaskan wild. Hike on many of the numerous trails in the Tahneeta pass right from your doorstep, or sit on the covered porch sipping a glass of wine while taking in the view.
- We arrive at our lodge late afternoon – and enjoy an included farewell meal and a soak in the outdoor hot tub!
1 night – lodge twin share.
- Day 11 Anchorage
- Enjoy a lazy morning and breakfast at the lodge before heading back to Anchorage. Arriving midday, explore the trails and sights of Anchorage with your expert guide.
- This tour ends at approx 5pm.
- Thank you – we hope you had the best Alaskan Adventure with Bindlestiff Tours!
- Wanting more? See our 4 day Seward Kenai Peninsula camping tour add on, click HERE for more information.
- All Transportation – and organization by guide / round trip to Anchorage
- Expert and fun local Tour Guide
- Camping equipment, including tent and foam sleeping pad. Just bring your own sleeping bag or rent one from us.
- Cooking equipment
- 10 nights – 8 camping nights / 2 lodge nights
- Glacier Kayak Excursion in Valdez – full day
Optional Activities: Booked and Paid Locally with Tour Guide
- Flight seeing $225 – $399
- Glacier Trek – $110 – $150
- Ice Climbing – $170 – $190
- McCarthy / Kennicott Copper Mine Tour – $34
- Guide Gratuities recommended 15%
- Optional Activities
- Sleeping Bag – 3 season. Or rent from us for $40 pp
- Local food kitty payment of $265 to cover 10 camp breakfasts, 7 camp dinners, 11 Sandwich/picnic style lunches