Enjoy walks/hikes, ranger talks, ranger programs, endless wildlife and photographic opportunities and more. On this tour we will journey in the very heart of Glacier national park and the Western Canadian Rocky Mountain parks of Jasper, Banff and Waterton. Expert private local tour guide/driver throughout.
● This is a private custom tour and can be fully tailored to your group’s needs and interests.
● Mix of glamping and hotels
● Glacier, Waterton, Banff, Jasper national parks- walks & hikes for every fitness level
● Expert tour guide throughout
● Amazing Wildlife viewing opportunities
● Red bus tour on the Going to Sun road in Glacier NP
Find Out More:
Day 1 – Arrive in Kalispell
- Arrive in Missoula or Kalispell, and transfer to your hotel just adjacent to the airport for a great night’s rest before beginning your adventure early the next morning. Let’s Adventure!
DAY 2-3 Glacier national park
- Depart your hotel early to head to Glacier national park. Stops along the way could include historic ghost towns, Lewis and Clark Cavern state park and more. Given time today you may be able to enter Glacier national park and the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Drive along Lake McDonald, the largest lake in the park with a stop at Lake McDonald Lodge and view the original lakeside entrance of the National Historic Landmark built in 1914. Start your ascent on the Going-to-the-Sun Road along McDonald Creek, the longest river in the park, before climbing out of the trees for spectacular views. There are countless photo ops- including that of Logan Pass. The following day, head north to Many Glacier and up the wildlife-rich Swiftcurrent Valley. Enjoy a boat tour on Swiftcurrent Lake. The narrated tour crosses the lake, where you can walk five minutes to Lake Josephine for a second lake tour. If time allows afterwards there is an option to do a longer walk along Swiftcurrent Lake.
- Glamping x 2 nights Glacier.
DAY 4 Waterton Lakes National Park
- Transfer across the Canadian border into Alberta today. Continue on to Waterton Lakes national park, a picturesque area dotted with rugged mountains and dense wilderness. An abundant variety of walks and hikes await. Enjoy afternoon tea at the charming Prince of Wales Hotel, which is perched on a bluff and flanked by a curtain of mountains after you walks.
- Hotel inside Waterton national park.
DAY 5-6 Banff and Yoho National Parks
- The word Yoho comes from the Cree word for awe and wonder, and it soon becomes apparent why. Explore trails around the magnificent Emerald Lake where you can take a walk around the lake or simply relax in the lake shore café and enjoy the views. You may also view the Burgess Shale- The Burgess Shale fossils are some of the oldest and most complex in the world! They are so important that they have been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These fossils represent a complete ecosystem that existed for only a very short time after the first explosion of multicellular life on earth. We are still making new discoveries and finding new animals, which are changing our understanding of early life and evolution.
- From the shores of nearby Emerald Lake, you can see Mount Wapta and the Walcott Quarry area. Take a lakeside stroll or ski around Emerald Lake and read the stories on the interpretive panels. Easy stroll. This afternoon, make your way to Banff. Banff is a fun mountain town, offering some alpine nightlife and numerous cafés and restaurants.
- Take it easy tomorrow in Banff exploring this cute town or opt for further exploration of the park with your expert guide. Options include a Sulphur Mountain Cable car ride, a soak in the alpine hot springs and more.
- Glamping x 2 nights Banff.
DAY 7-8 Lake Louise and an afternoon on the Icefield Parkway to Jasper
- Lake Louise is an alpine lake known for its stunning turquoise glacier fed waters ringed by high peaks and overlooked by a stately chateau. Multiple hiking trails lead up to the Lake Agnes Tea House for bird’s eye views of the lake. Take a hike to the Plain-of-Six-Glaciers, take is easy exploring the lake shore or choose to canoe on these pristine waters and visit the grand Fairmont Château Lake Louise, an iconic hotel located on the lake’s eastern shore. Next, visit Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, at an elevation of approximately 6,183 feet for some epic photos.
- You are in for a real treat this afternoon. Spend the rest of the day driving and exploring the Icefields Parkway. This drive offers endless vistas, jagged mountains, glaciers and wildlife viewing opportunities-truly one of the world’s most spectacular drives. Enjoy short walks, views of Bow Glacier and Peyto lake, take an optional helicopter flight over the Columbia Icefield or strap on some crampons and step out on the Athabasca glacier- this day just keeps on giving. The Icefield Parkway traverses through both Banff and Jasper. Jasper is the largest national park in Canada. Marvel at the snow capped summits and beautiful lakes in this true wild mountain wilderness. Jasper offers an abundance of wildlife sightings, jagged mountain peaks and alpine lakes.
- This next day is yours to enjoy Jasper – the largest national park in Canada. Marvel at the snow capped summits and beautiful lakes in this true wild mountain wilderness. Jasper offers an abundance of wildlife sightings, jagged mountain peaks, alpine lakes and numerous hiking/biking opportunities around the famous trails and stunning lake shores.
- Glamping x 2 nights Jasper.
DAY 9: Calgary
- Enjoy more vistas on the Icefield parkway as we make our way to Calgary. Calgary, the gateway to the Canadian Rockies, where you can take time to explore this cosmopolitan city with its skyscrapers and booming oil industry. Calgary has historically been famous for its ‘Wild West’ roots but in recent years has become a dynamic and exciting city. It oozes Western culture, a feature that earned it the nickname ‘Cowtown’ – evident in the Calgary Stampede. Your tour concludes at approx. 5pm at your hotel.
DAY 11: Calgary
- After packing your bags, and checking out from your hotel, transfer to the airport for your onward flights.
● Fabulous National Park Hikes
● Red bus tour on Going to Sun Rd in Glacier NP
● Incredible wildlife viewing opportunities
● Mix of glamping and hotels.
● Expert tour guide throughout.
● Canoe on Lake Louise
● Icewalk on a glacier
● Helicopter flights over the Icefield Parkway
● Hot springs.
● Mountaian biking.
● Gondoloa rides.
● Tour Guide Gratuities
● Meals paid locally
** Visa and passport requirements to enter Canada are the guest’s responsibility**