Ghost Town Day Tour
- Visit the Hoover Dam, Historic Route 66, Chloride Ghost Town, Oatman Ghost Town and El Dorado Canyon on this Wild West Adventure from Las Vegas.
- Departs Saturdays year round
- All participants must be 7+ years of age.
- Private Tours available with any day departures for groups of 4 or more.
- This tour requires a 4 person minimum to run. Should you book on a tour with less than 4 guests our office will contact you at least 24 hours prior to offer an alternate time or date and time.
- Single day tour from Las Vegas exploring old mining towns or ‘Ghost Towns’
- Photo stop at the Hoover Dam
- Explore Oatman, Chloride and El Dorado ghost towns
- Drive on Historic Route 66
- Interesting, live commentary from your expert tour guide
- Pickup and drop-off from Las Vegas hotels within 3 miles of the Strip
- Wild West Ghost Town tour from Las Vegas
- Our tour departs Sin City for a short drive to the Hoover Dam. This 726’ dam holds back the mighty Colorado River. Behind the Hoover Dam, you find Lake Mead. A beautiful man-made reservoir that is contained within the Black Canyon Walls. Take all the Dam photos you want!
- Next, we head to the little mining town of Chloride Arizona. This little community has survived the harsh desert environment since the 1860s. Silver and other minerals were mined here for decades. After the mining boom was over, Chloride nearly became a ghost town itself. Today Chloride is home to about 250 residents who are still very proud of their mining history. Browse the antique shops and chat with the locals before you enjoy your lunch. Admire many artistic sculptures of this joyful artist’s community.
- Our next stop takes us for a drive along the iconic Route 66 highway to the small ghost town of Oatman Arizona. The present-day population of this ghost town is 150 people and 1 poltergeist. He goes by the name of “Oatie the Ghost” and is believed to be the poor spirit of William Ray Flour, an Irish miner who died behind the Oatman hotel.
- Enjoy views of the Black Mountains that surround this one-time mining tent camp, photograph the tumbleweeds and the wild burros (donkeys) that freely roam through this town. Have your picture taken alongside modern-day cowboys and bandits while posing in front of an authentic Route 66 sign and take part in your very own western shoot out!
- Time for a drink in the local saloon before we make our way through the Mojave Desert along the Veterans Memorial Highway to our final Ghost Town- El Dorado Canyon. This 18th mining town is the backdrop for many movies and photo shoots. This road back to Sin City cuts straight through beautifully empty desert landscape. It is the perfect way to remember the openness of this part of America before returning to the big city lights and the glitz & glamour of Las Vegas.