Yosemite 3 Day Camping Tour
- Three days of hiking and camping is the focus of our Yosemite Escape camping tour where you will find so many more focal points with stories to last a lifetime.
- Departs June- Sept (Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays) June-Sept. Any day departure for bookings of 6 or more guests.
8:15 am pickup from a central San Francisco hotel.
- All camping equipment provided. Sandwich style lunch included.
- Eco-friendly, comfortable transport in a biofuel mini-coach (14 passengers max)
- Three days of hiking and camping
- Yosemite Valley
- Giant sequoias
- May Lake and Mount Hoffman
- Option of joining a whitewater rafting trip on the Merced River
- Yosemite Valley
- Yosemite Falls
- El Capitan
- Giant Sequoia Trees
- Tunnel View
- Bridalveil Falls
- View Half Dome
- Day 1 – Yosemite Valley
- In the morning of the first day, our guide will meet you downtown at the corner of Mason and O’Farrell Streets in front of the Hilton Hotel at 8:15 am. Once out of San Francisco, we cross the Central Valley and through gold country on our way into the mountains. Before reaching Yosemite Valley, we hike down for a picnic* among the giant sequoias – the largest living things on Earth.
(*Meals the first day are not included in the tour price. You will have an opportunity to get food en route to the park. Depending upon group interest/logistics you may visit any of the three Sequoia groves) The hike through the giant sequoias is pleasantly shaded and brings you right up close to these massive wooden monuments, some of which are over one thousand years old and measure up to 30 ft. wide & 300 ft. tall. Continuing into the park on a 1 1/2-hour guided tour, we descend into Yosemite Valley, the most famous and photographed part of Yosemite (thanks to the work of Ansel Adams). While in the Yosemite Valley, your guide will give you an orientation to the park as well as an explanation of the itinerary and options for the next two days. After some free time in Yosemite Valley, you will head for the campsite to set up camp, ending the day with drinks around the campfire as you decide what to do with your next two days in the park.
- Day 2 – Yosemite’s High Country
- Rising early, we prepare breakfast and lunch, clean up camp, and head off in the van for a fun day full of hiking, sightseeing, and exploring. Usually, the second day is reserved for exploring Yosemite’s High Country. A group hike to May Lake and Mount Hoffman is the highlight of this day (depending upon snowpack). May Lake is a picturesque example of a High Sierra lake. If you want more of a challenge, you can continue past May Lake to Mount Hoffman. Located at the geographic center of the park, Mount Hoffman is a non-technical hike that rewards you with a 360-degree view of the surrounding mountain landscape. At the end of the day, we head back to camp for dinner and time to unwind by the campfire.
- Day 3 – Group Interest & Free Time
- Day three is a free day, where the itinerary is based on the interests of the group. Normally we head back into Yosemite Valley, where you can choose one of a number of great hikes, rent a bike, or relax in the shade by the emerald green Merced River. After a full day in the park, we head back to San Francisco, arriving around 9pm. In May, June and early July, you have the option of joining a whitewater rafting trip on the Merced River (depending on snowpack). This Class III-IV adventure can be added to your Yosemite Escape adventure for only $ 140-160.
- Camping is easy, but cooperation is important. Don’t worry if you’ve never camped before; many people haven’t. We supply the camping and cooking equipment necessary for a trip of this nature, using quality tents, camping, and cooking equipment (you will need a sleeping bag – see below). Everybody is expected to participate in the set-up and breakdown of camp, and our professional guides are there to ensure a positive camping experience. We camp at comfortable campsites that have hot showers and modern facilities. Swimming is available nearby.
- We provide the food, but not the chefs. You guys are the cooks, waiters, dishwashers, and of course the guests. The fare is all-you-can-eat and very tasty and is a mixture of chicken, beef and vegetarian. Most people eat better with us than they do on the rest of their travels.
- Complimentary pick up/drop off from the San Francisco Hilton hotel (Mason St. entrance)
- Narrated guided tour by a full-time professional, knowledgeable guide
- Yosemite Park entrance fee
- 5 Meals provided (BLD Day 2, BL Day 3)
- See El Capitan, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, Tunnel View, Giant Sequoias, High Country, and Yosemite Valley
- All camping equipment is provided
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in biofuel mini-coach
- Additional meals (Day 1 lunch, day 2 dinner)
- Sleeping bags (available for rent)
- Guide gratuity (customary 15-20%