- Enjoy a private full-day tour of the gorgeous Matanuska Glacier. The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide, it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road. It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at the ice that formed 10,000 years ago high in the Chugach Mountains above.
- Departs daily May to Oct from $2700 for a group of up to 6 guests
- This is a full custom private tour.
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert
- Wonderful photo opportunities of majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment provided
- Warm winter clothing and boots provided
- Glaciers & Ice Fall Trekking
- The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premiere destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road. It also is boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next, we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets and begin exploring the glacier on foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery (not included) with stunning views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group’s interests. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
- Expert guide
- Helmets (with optional Ice Fall Trek)
- Hiking poles (with optional Ice Fall Trek)
- Crampons (with optional Ice Fall Trek)
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment and warm winter clothing
- Snacks and bottled water
- Tour Guide Gratuities
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour.